Parent Involvement Programs Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Click HERE for the PCSB Title I website.
Click HERE for the PCSB website.
FREE to all parents with a student in a Title I School!
Parent workshops, materials and information. Visit a Title I Parent Informational Resource Center near you!
- Parent Centers: www.polk-fl.net/parents/involvement/pirc.htm
- Parent University: www.polk-fl.net/parents/involvement/plug.thm
Also available, PARENT LEARNING UNIVERSITY FOR GROWING! PLUG
Parent Workshops on: Bullying, positive parenting, behavior, financial literacy, interviewing for a job, substance abuse, academics, graduation requirements, testing, writing a resume, using your public library, healthy cooking, internet safety, bike safety, stranger danger, and many other topics!
Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Useful Links & Resources
- PCSB Parent LEA Involvement Plan Spanish
- NLE Parent Involvement Plan
- District Parent Involvement Plan Summary
- School Improvement Plan
- School Parent Involvement Plan Summary
- NLE Title I Summary Brochure
- SPAR (School Public Accountability Report)
- School/Parent Compact (Agreement)
- Right-to-Know-Letters-16-17 English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole
(requires free Adobe Reader)